Recently I have encountered the synonym Tailgating. Even google trend mark this word as trendy for searchers mostly in the united stated. Is it because we are in the middle of the football season ? baseball? NBA and colleges around the corner? or is it because brand new sets of RV that are available these days and makes the tailgating an exciting gathering.
Tailgating is a popular pregame tradition in the United States and Canada. It involves gathering in the parking lot of a stadium or arena before a sporting event, such as a football game, baseball game, or basketball game. Tailgate parties typically include food, drinks, and games.
Although the history of tailgating is unclear, it is believed to have originated in the early 1900s. The term tailgating became commonly used as a pre-game gathering, regardless of the mode of transportation. Spectators at horse races would gather behind their carriages to cook and eat.
Recently, tailgating has become increasingly popular. This is partly due to the rise of tailgating trailers and RVs, which make it easier to cook and eat food, as well as to bring more entertainment options. Fans can also show their school spirit by tailgating.
There are many different things that people do at tailgate parties. Some common activities include:
- Grilling food, such as burgers, hot dogs, and sausages
- Drinking beer, soda, and other beverages
- Playing games, such as cornhole, ladder toss, and beer pong
- Listening to music
- Talking to friends and family
- Decorating their vehicles
While tailgating can be fun, it is important to respect others and clean up after yourself. You should also know the laws and regulations governing tailgating in the area where you are tailgating..
Here are some tips for planning a successful tailgate party:
- Choose a location that is close to the stadium or arena.
- Bring plenty of food and drinks.
- Bring games and music to keep everyone entertained.
- Be respectful of other people’s property.
- Clean up after yourself.
Tailgating is a great way to get excited for a game, meet new people, and enjoy the outdoors. So next time you’re headed to a sporting event, be sure to bring your tailgate spirit!
Here are some additional things to consider when planning a tailgate party:
- The weather: If you are planning a tailgate party outdoors, be sure to check the weather forecast. You don’t want to be caught in the rain or snow!
- The time of day: Tailgate parties typically start several hours before the game. Be sure to plan your party accordingly.
- The size of your group: How many people are you planning to invite? This will help you determine how much food and drinks to bring.
- Your budget: Tailgating can be expensive, so be sure to set a budget before you start planning.
With a little planning, you can throw a tailgate party that everyone will enjoy. So get out there and start planning!